blog details
K4600 card recap

Today I did a recap of the K4600 cards from my previous post and reflowed the headers that plug into the main chassis. I also compared everything between working and non working boards as far as resistors and transistors. I did not notice any real differences as far as bad transistors or out of spec resistors. So I just replaced the capacitors and reflowed and will retest tomorrow.  One of the capacitors on the color board had a leg fall off and had leaked fluid on the PCB. Hopefully that was the issue with that pcb.  Attached are the two boards after the cap kit. I will clean them better once I know they work.


Leave a Reply