blog details
Congo Bongo PCB repair attempt

I tested this board with a known working board today and was able to determine that the bottom board of the stack is good with a couple of small graphic glitches. The top board is assumed not working because when the board is all together it did not work. In looking closely at the board last week it has a considerable amount of rust on several components. My plan is to test those rusted components, remove the ROMS and verify that they are good and take a closer look at their sockets. I will then try the board again once I have cleaned sockets and verified the ROMS and replaced any known bad components like transistors and resistors. Depending on what happens at that point will determine how much more I get into this repair. Sorry for the bad picture of the top board. I will attempt a better picture before repairs and repost.

Leave a Reply