Alan-1 Regulator/Audio II++: Replaces All Versions of Atari® Regulator/Audio II
IMPORTANT! We are still testing the Regulator/Audio II++ for long-term reliability, and it is not yet available for sale. (We don’t take preorders: we only take your money for products we have in stock.) Send an email to email@example.com: you’ll be the first to know when they’re ready, and you’ll get first priority on the initial production run. We won’t use your email for anything else.
Here’s our next Alan-1 product: a dramatically improved drop-in replacement for all versions of the Atari Regulator/Audio II board.
- No modification to your classic game is necessary. Our Regulator/Audio II++ is the same size as the original, mounts to the same mounting holes, and keeps the same connectors in the same place and the same orientation.
- The RA2++ has built-in voltmeters. Now you can adjust the +5V supply, so that your game PCB is receiving exactly 5V, with just a #1 Phillips, and without crawling inside your game to attach a voltmeter and alligator clips. You can see, at one glance, if your edge connectors need cleaning and reseating. If a game goes down, you’ll immediately know whether the power is good without spending ten minutes on the floor with your voltmeter. Even better, we show you ripple voltage on the unregulated +DC IN from the transformer block, so you no longer need an oscilloscope to tell you whether Big Blue needs replacing.
- Unlike the original, the voltage will never run away and burn up your edge connectors, PCB fingers, or parts on your game PCBs. We’ve made it so easy to check the +5V, and adjust it if necessary, that there’s no need for the sense feedback circuit.
- The RA2++ adds an audio out jack, whose volume is completely independent of speaker volume. You can connect headphones or a Bluetooth transmitter for silent gameplay, or you can connect a giant sound system for floor-shaking explosions!
- Even better, there’s only one version of the Alan-1 Regulator/Audio II++…and it works in every Atari game, including Missile Command. No more staring at the components on the far side trying to puzzle out which version you have, going through the Elektron Forge chart to puzzle out which versions you can use, or trawling KLOV and eBay for months to find one of the rare variants like -03. Ours will work no matter which game you have.
- All the parts in the power and audio path are through-hole, so it’ll be easy to repair if anything ever fails. (The voltmeters can be completely disabled with no impact on the RA2++’s ability to supply power or amplify audio.)
We’re excited to bring the Regulator/Audio II++ to you! Once again, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll be the first to know when they’re ready.