Community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ready to release these

After 9 months of successfully beta testing our WG6100 deflection board transistor add-on board, I'm happy to report that we're ready to start producing them.

We're planning on doing a run of 50.  If you are interested in purchasing one, please post here stating such.

Our Star Wars  cockpit in an arcade environment is rock solid running this!  We ran it with an alan-1 WG6100 rev 1.0 deflection board and an original Atari WG6100 deflection board with no issues.  It is bullet proof.  We believe we have finally cured the source of so many blown vector monitors.  The bottle cap transistors are the weak point!  They blow and take out a lot of stuff with them along the way.

Can't wait to hear all of your success stories while using these.

-- mydentist "we fight for the user"

I would be very interested in testing these in a Tempest in our arcade museum in Moore, OK,  Eighty Three Golden Age Arcade.  We currently have a Tempest that is down due to issues with the monitor like many.  Also have a Star Wars sit in cabinet.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/eightythreearcade/about/

sysop has reacted to this post.
sysop

I am interested as well. I have 2 Tempests and 2 Space Duels that can use some monitor love. Thanks.

I would be interested in getting more information on this (price/availability), I'd love to get my Star Wars up and running again.  Also is the deflection board replacement still progressing?  I haven't seen any updates on it recently.

Thanks!

Quote from cshelden on April 1, 2019, 4:48 am

I would be very interested in testing these in a Tempest in our arcade museum in Moore, OK,  Eighty Three Golden Age Arcade.  We currently have a Tempest that is down due to issues with the monitor like many.  Also have a Star Wars sit in cabinet.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/eightythreearcade/about/

Cool arcade!

What monitor is in your star wars cockpit?

Quote from jawa on April 27, 2019, 8:24 pm

I would be interested in getting more information on this (price/availability), I'd love to get my Star Wars up and running again.  Also is the deflection board replacement still progressing?  I haven't seen any updates on it recently.

Thanks!

We are hoping to have our daughter boards released August 1st and our deflection boards released on October 1st, 2019

Not sure yet about the price.  We're still working on those details.  What kind of monitor do you have in your star wars?

PumRibby has reacted to this post.
PumRibby

I’m interested in 2 transistor upgrades, I’m tired of replacing the ones in the 2 Tempest games we have on location.

Thanks

Steve

I'm interested in 1 for my tempest

I received mine, installed it & So far so good (only a few minutes run time so far)

A little bit of guidance would have been helpful on the fan/DC harness,

(It's been a few years since I've tinkered with a WG6100), but I'm happy.

Fixed my 1/2 collapsed horizontal ( hmm, maybe vertical)